HITTING THE RIGHT NOTES: MODERN PROMOTION TECHNIQUES FOR MUSICIANS
Complet - liste d'attente
Spectacle : 10:00
In today’s digital-centric musical landscape, understanding the intricacies of promotion and audience engagement is paramount. Our workshop, under the guidance of expert Géraldine Zanaska, is tailored to arm musicians with the insights they need to flourish in 2023.
You’ll embark on a journey into brand development, delving deep into the essence of your musical identity. Here, you’ll work to crystallise your unique message, image, and brand. With this foundation, the workshop transitions into helping participants strategize with precision and plan ahead, determining key milestones for the upcoming months and the best channels to showcase their artistry.
- Brand Development & Strategy: Navigate from conceptualising your unique musical brand to crafting an effective promotional strategy.
- Audience Engagement: Explore techniques for organic fanbase growth across marketing channels, emphasising the importance of community interaction and sustainable content creation.
- Peer-Reviewed Interactive Case Studies: A dynamic segment where six artists present their promotional strategies, receiving invaluable feedback from both Géraldine and their peers. *
By the end of this hands-on, interactive workshop, participants will:
- Have a crystal-clear understanding of their brand and promotional needs.
- Possess actionable strategies to improve their online presence and engagement.
- Benefit from peer-reviewed insights, fostering collective growth and learning.
- Be equipped with a comprehensive plan for a future campaign.
Join us on this transformative day and redefine your musical journey in today’s digital domain!
Due to the interactive nature of this workshop, places are limited to 16.
*Case Study sign-up (optional): If you’d like to be in the chance of securing one of only 6 spots to have one of your campaigns reviewed by your peers & the workshop facilitator, please email email@example.com by 18th October, after having purchased a ticket.
Please indicate “Modern promotion techniques for musicians – 25.11” in the subject of the mail.
You will then be asked to prepare a presentation of one of the following :
- Artist brand audit – you will prepare a 10 minute presentation with 5-10 slides of your existing channel (website, social media pages, etc.) for us to review
- Campaign content planning – you will prepare a 10 minute presentation with 5-10 slides regarding an upcoming release (single, EP, video) or tour for us to review
- What could I have done better? you will prepare a 10 minute presentation with 5-10 slides regarding a past marketing campaign (single, album, tour) for us to review and give constructive feedback on in order for you to implement change on a future campaign.
About this Workshop Facilitator’s, Géraldine Zanaska:
Géraldine boasts a rich 15-year career in the music industry, spanning both the UK and the EU. Her diverse roles encompass music business entrepreneurship, international music strategy, live music promotion, project management, and education.
Having achieved her MA in Music Business Management from the University of Westminster, she embarked on a variety of roles. These included positions at the independent record label Bella Union, the iconic Royal Albert Hall, live music promoter Bird On The Wire, cultural institution Institut Français, and the French music export office Bureau Export (now CNM).
In 2019, at the age of 30, Géraldine launched Compass Music. Initially conceived as a global music consultancy, Compass Music provided tailored international development services to music businesses, events, and institutions.
This year, Géraldine channelled her enduring passion for nurturing talent by transforming Compass Music into a community interest company (CIC). This evolution has turned Compass Music into a social enterprise championing regional music career development in England’s South East. Beyond promoting emerging artists at signature showcases such as Riot Gulll and Nu-Wave, the company fosters community-rooted projects. A prime example is the inaugural Compass Music Showcase Festival & Music Conference, slated for November 2023 in Géraldine’s scenic home of Folkestone, Kent – the world’s first music town.
In addition to her business ventures, 2023 saw Géraldine broaden her educational horizons. She assumed a leading role at ICMP – the Institute of Contemporary Music Performance, London’s pioneering music school, where she presented modules on Entrepreneurship & Marketing. And, recently, she took the helm of ICMP’s Digital Marketing & Music Management degree programme.